The obligation to prepare and publish a report on the implementation of the tax strategy for the tax year is to apply to:
1) taxpayers whom revenues in in the previous year exceeded the value expressed in PLN an amount corresponding to the equivalent of EUR 50 million,
2) taxpayers operating in the tax form of the capital group (PGK), irrespective of heights achieved by such a group of revenues.
AUDIT OF TAX PROCESSES
Research tax processes in the organization in terms of gathering information necessary to prepare a tax strategy.
DEVELOP A TAX STRATEGY
The tax strategy will include information about the organization's approach to the following:
1) processes and procedures for managing the fulfillment of tax obligations and ensuring their proper implementation;
2) fulfill the obligations of informing the Head of KAS about tax schemes;
3) information on transactions with related entities;
4) information on planned or restructuring activities;
5) information about submitting an application to the tax authorities for issuing, for example, a tax interpretation;
6) indication of data on tax settlements in countries applying harmful competition tax.
COMPLIANCE AUDIT PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES DESCRIBED IN THE STRATEGY
For the tax strategy to be effective, it is necessary to periodically verify compliance with the processes and procedures described in the strategy.
The verification also allows for the identification of tax risk areas or the area for maximizing tax benefits.
PREPARING A REPORT ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE STRATEGY
The report on the implementation of the tax strategy for the tax year is to be posted on the website of a given taxpayer or on the website of a related entity (if the taxpayer does not have its own website). The report is to be published by the end of the ninth month following the deadline for submitting a CIT-8 tax return for a given year. Within the same deadline, information about the address of the website on which the strategy has been published should be provided electronically to the head of the tax office competent for the taxpayer. In the event of failure to comply with the obligations related to the preparation and publication of the report, the taxpayer is to be subject to a fine of up to PLN 1 million. The penalty is to be imposed by the head of the tax office competent for the taxpayer by way of a decision.